Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hello Kitty Rocks the UK

Running past the Swarovski store on my way to work, I stopped dead in my tracks today. Staring back at me was a black Hello Kitty face with a purple bow. Yes, the new Hello Kitty Rocks collection has just hit the UK.



Of course this is not the first time the cute icon and the diamond mogul have paired up. Swarovski's first Hello Kitty collection has been on the market for over a year. But it seems that even for Helo Kitty lovers the kitty bling was just too girly. The new collection gives the kitty a rock revamp - good kitty gone bad.

While my brain still has trouble coping with the combination of the former toy turned icon and the elegant luxury jeweller, I just could not resist a closer look, since I have admittedly not been able to completely escape the kitty-mania.

I simply love the black colour theme, since it looks a lot more stylish to me than just the blinding white and pink of the old collection. You can now choose between Gothic Kitty, guitarist Kitty and Angel or Devil Kitty. My favourite is undoubtedly the Hello Kitty Devil Pendant. Miaow! If I had the money, to step foot in Swarovski, I have to say getting at least one item from the collection would be a must.


The main thought floating around in my head full of bling is that Hello Kitty Rocks will most definitely rock China. It plays right into the Chinese obsession with everything bling - be that phones or clothes. With this one Swarovski is undoubtedly going to hit home in the Asian market.

While I am still waiting to see the UK reactions to this (I imagine them to be a lot more subdued), I will definitely try and get my hands on one of these - don't ask me how I will pay though. Thank god Christmas is on its way...

No comments:

Post a Comment